Friday, February 18, 2011

More Progress from Luke G on the Chainmail


Luke says,
"The first two pictures are of the "wyrms" that I make out of the wire and then the rings that are cut from the wyrms which are used to make the chainmaille.

Just though I should also mention that it's about 170 rings per foot of wyrm, which means the pic of the wyrms was approximately 500 rings if I did my math right (and accounted for the wyrms not being 100% perfect). That's about 1/30th of the rings needed for the hauberk. Need to crack the whip on myself! :)
-Luke"

Latest Update on the Chainmail
Here is a better representation of what the weave will look like (shown "open", which is how the front and back will look). That's about half of one under-arm section, measuring approximately 21"x5". Each side section will be about 21"x10" and will hang "closed", allowing for a good fit for many people. I stand only 5' 7" tall, and this reaches about 3/4 down my thigh. It should cover at least half a tall persons' upper leg unless they have a really long torso. Of course, this does come with my Lifetime Guarantee for sizing. I'll even do the first sizing just for shipping it to me, since I understand people may be hesitant about a pre-made shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment