Friday, February 18, 2011

Chainmail suits to order by Luke G


Luke is making chainmail armor for the auction. Here is his hand after just day one.

This is what Luke had to say,
"Here are pics from my construction efforts...one is my dirty hand (you
can post this one or not, it makes no difference to me...and most of
this dirtiness will be gone from the maille by the time the final
product is shipped out) after the first night of messing with the wire
and wyrming (winding the wire around a metal rod to form "springs"
which are then cut apart into individual rings), the next is the first
"fivelet", and finally a small section of weave that I've started.

The whole thing looks pretty lightweight, but it really is 14ga AWG,
5/8" rings which meets the minimum requirements for 3-point armor.
Once I finish cutting some more rings (to make a slightly more
impressive picture), I'll snap a shot of the bucket that I have them
in, too."




As you can see progress is going very well on this item, but it will likely not be ready at the actual auction. So Luke will size it and mail it to the winner with an ingame tag of the appropriate amount.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to make it clear that there are two seperate items being made: a hauberk (full-sleeve, thigh-length shirt) and a coif with mantle (hood with shoulders/upper-chest covering). These will be sold individually and I will provide one IG armor tag (of any value) along with each item.

    ReplyDelete